Ezekiel 20
Why does God sometimes withhold judgment on sin? One of the reasons is because of His reputation to all people. The Hebrews were supposed to be priests to the other nations…Assyria, Babylonia, Egypt…to be a witness for God. But they chose to rebel. Although they have rebelled, God withholds judgment on their sin “for the sake of His name” towards other nations. He was building His reputation to other nations.
9"But I acted for the sake of My name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations among whom they lived, in whose sight I made Myself known to them by bringing them out of the land of Egypt.
14"But I acted for the sake of My name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations, before whose sight I had brought them out.
22"But I withdrew My hand and acted for the sake of My name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out.
He is trying to build His reputation in our lives. As we interact with others throughout the day, our mission is to make Him famous, to spread His splendor, to radiate His reputation…for His name’s sake.
9"But I acted for the sake of My name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations among whom they lived, in whose sight I made Myself known to them by bringing them out of the land of Egypt.
14"But I acted for the sake of My name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations, before whose sight I had brought them out.
22"But I withdrew My hand and acted for the sake of My name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out.
He is trying to build His reputation in our lives. As we interact with others throughout the day, our mission is to make Him famous, to spread His splendor, to radiate His reputation…for His name’s sake.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home