Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hope Chapel West Oahu

Team mGf had a great time presenting the Walk Thru the Old Testament at Hope Chapel West Oahu that meets at Waikele Elementary School. They have some pretty comfortable chairs for a portable church. As I was talking with one of the participants, she said that doing the Walk Thru is like synchonized scripture! God blessed my time there in three ways.

First, there is a young man, we'll call him Isaac, who has been on the road to recommitment with God. He accepted Christ years ago, then went his own way, and has recently desired to walk right with God again. He signed up weeks ago for the seminar and when I called him the night before to remind him, he was at a reggae concert and the music was loud! I didn't think he would make it. But lo and behold, when we started, he was right there. He didn't get home until 4:30am, but he got enough rest and was at the seminar by 8am. This guy is really chasing after God.

















The second blessing came from this couple, Pastor Norman Choy and his wife Anita. They feel a strong calling from God to be Walk Thru the Bible instructors for the Chinese churches in Hawaii. I've been praying for someone like this for years! And Anita is going to be trained for the children's seminar! This is going to open more opportunities to get the Walk Thru seminar to different churches! They head off to Atlanta next month for training.














Lastly, this is Andy Amuro. We got to know each other when we both were going to Faith Christian Fellowship. Andy is a wonderful geek! I remember he once said that if he ever made it to Who Wants to be a Millionaire, I would be his phone-a-friend lifeline. Boy, I was really touched. Sniff, sniff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home