Recognize & Reflect God's Glory
During my quiet times, I’ve been praying for two things. One, that I would RECOGNIZE God’s glory throughout the day. In the busyness of life, it’s so easy to go throughout the day and miss God and His glory. But all it takes is a moment to stop and look for it. It can be found vibrantly through nature. Just this morning as I was reading Luke 1:78 the sun was rising here on Maui, and there in Scripture it says Jesus is a Sunrise. I thought, “Wow! God your glory is shining in the sunrise as it reminds me of Christ!”
It can be found in our meals. A sweet lady stocked up the refrigerator in a cottage I’m staying in. One of things she left was a corn flake cereal with bits of dried mango and it tasted so good. And I thought, “Wow! God you created this mango taste. How wonderful that is! This reflects your glory!” Even that cup of morning coffee…not only does it taste good but it also smells good. That’s a reflection of God’s glory for He not only created the taste but the smell.
One of my favorite verses is 1Cor. 10:31, “Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.” We can glorify God even when we have our meals! How? When we reflect on what God created. So the next time you sit down to enjoy a meal, just don’t pray, “Thank you God for this meal and strengthen it to my body, Amen.” Pray, “God, thanks for variety, for taste, for your creation. Thanks for the different smells, the different textures, the way it satisfies. That’s all a reflection of your glory.”
So the first is to be able to recognize God’s glory. The second is to REFLECT God’s glory. That can happen through the conversations we have with people and the opportunity to bless them or pray for them. It can just be a simple greeting to the clerk behind the counter at Longs Drugs, “Hi, Susan, you’re doing a good job. Have a blessed day.” Or it can be opening a door for someone and letting them walk in first. It could be by folding chairs after church. It could be by washing the dishes or cooking Hamburger Helper. Everything is an opportunity to reflect God’s glory.
It can be when you’re having ice cream with your kids. Just the other night, I took my family out for some ice cream after dinner. As we were sitting at a table in Pearlridge, I thought, “God, this feels right. Spending time with my wife, son and daughter. Away from the computer, away from my books, and just showing them I love them.” That’s a way to reflect God’s glory.
I believe life is filled with opportunities to recognize and reflect God’s glory. Will you take time to do it?
It can be found in our meals. A sweet lady stocked up the refrigerator in a cottage I’m staying in. One of things she left was a corn flake cereal with bits of dried mango and it tasted so good. And I thought, “Wow! God you created this mango taste. How wonderful that is! This reflects your glory!” Even that cup of morning coffee…not only does it taste good but it also smells good. That’s a reflection of God’s glory for He not only created the taste but the smell.
One of my favorite verses is 1Cor. 10:31, “Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.” We can glorify God even when we have our meals! How? When we reflect on what God created. So the next time you sit down to enjoy a meal, just don’t pray, “Thank you God for this meal and strengthen it to my body, Amen.” Pray, “God, thanks for variety, for taste, for your creation. Thanks for the different smells, the different textures, the way it satisfies. That’s all a reflection of your glory.”
So the first is to be able to recognize God’s glory. The second is to REFLECT God’s glory. That can happen through the conversations we have with people and the opportunity to bless them or pray for them. It can just be a simple greeting to the clerk behind the counter at Longs Drugs, “Hi, Susan, you’re doing a good job. Have a blessed day.” Or it can be opening a door for someone and letting them walk in first. It could be by folding chairs after church. It could be by washing the dishes or cooking Hamburger Helper. Everything is an opportunity to reflect God’s glory.
It can be when you’re having ice cream with your kids. Just the other night, I took my family out for some ice cream after dinner. As we were sitting at a table in Pearlridge, I thought, “God, this feels right. Spending time with my wife, son and daughter. Away from the computer, away from my books, and just showing them I love them.” That’s a way to reflect God’s glory.
I believe life is filled with opportunities to recognize and reflect God’s glory. Will you take time to do it?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home